George R.R. Martin Drops a Game of Thrones Season Five Bombshell: Fans are Shell Shocked!

By: Ashley Johnson


Writer George R.R. Martin (GRRM) has put the living fear of the Old Gods into Game of Thrones fans by recently declaring that no character is safe in the upcoming season that is season five. It looks as if his protégés, TV producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, are determined to surpass their master, and GRRM couldn't be prouder. The US author has hinted that even those who read his A Song of Ice and Fire novel series will be surprised by the televisions storyline, with not one, not two, but possibly four characters set to meet their makers by the seasons end!  GRRM went on to say at the Writers Guild West Awards on Saturday “People are going to die who don’t die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy… Everybody better be on their toes, they (David Benioff and D.B. Weiss) are even bloodier than I am.”


For those out there who are going back and trying to see who it could be on the bloody chopping block try your hardest but this blogger only remembers GRRM interview last year with Conan O’Brien.  It was in this interview that GRRM revealed that Daenerys’ handmaiden Irri, Walder Frey’s wife Joyeuse Erenford and Qarth merchant Xaro Xhoan Daxos were among those heading for the chop, but that really, anything could happen in regards to the show and its body count.


Actress Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones, has already told fans to expect a “traumatic” season five. “There’s some massive moments, perhaps even more shocking than the Red Wedding ” she told The Huffington Post. “There’s a lot going on this season. There’s also, you know, a lot of blood, a lot of death.”


So where does that leave the many “thronies” out there? It leaves us on the edge of our seats praying to the old gods, new gods and perhaps edragons that this season because it is playing so closely with the book series

Don’t foget that Game of Thrones returns to HBO on Sunday 12 April 2015.